Patric P. McCallum
Personal Background & Professional Experience:
Hi, I’m Patric McCallum. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself!
My passion is helping make complex situations feel easy. I help you understand problems and give you the information to solve them, neutralizing stress and anxiety.
I hear apologies all the time for being asked questions. As a lawyer, it is my job to answer your questions, which is why you hire a lawyer. It’s critically important to ask questions, otherwise you don’t get the information you need to make decisions. I see problems like yours frequently, but this is likely your first time in this situation. I’ve been helping Texas businesses and families in state and federal courts for over twenty years. My experience includes jury and bench trials, arbitration and mediation, and appellate work. There are no stupid questions, so please ask!
What I bring to you and your business.
Having good legal counsel matters, because you can spend hours researching online yourself and get no solid answers. All the while, you’re missing opportunities in your business. You think you’re saving money, but you’re not. Stop! Instead, spend a few minutes on the phone with a professional and come away with solid information and solution options. Getting it right the first time saves time and money. Work with the right professional to keep your focus on your business and off distractions. I can help you!
Family law and divorce is my passion practice.
The divorce process necessarily comes with fear, anger, and anxiety. Left unchecked, these feelings grow and make the process harder and more expensive. Information and knowledge are the antidotes to these feelings. When divorcing, there is no money tree from which to harvest more money and resources. Income that used to fund one household now needs to fund two and lifestyles are changing. This is a time when good business judgment and decision making is critical. You should never visit your anger or fear on your community estate, because anger and fear do not make good business decisions.
Take Advantage of Our Free Telephone Consult.
Any good business professional knows when deciding to bring on a new trusted team member, the first step is an interview. You can’t make that decision until you have talked to the candidate and assess it’s a good fit. I invite you to take advantage of our free telephone consult. Call me now! Let’s explore how I can benefit you.
I was named a Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2004 in personal injury litigation and again in 2006 and 2011 in business litigation by Thomson Reuters, as published in Texas Monthly Magazine/Texas Law and Politics. Selection as a Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star is a prestigious honor bestowed on Texas lawyers 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing 10 or fewer years. Those selected for this honor consist of the top 2.5% of up-and-coming attorneys in Texas.
H Texas Magazine has repeatedly named me as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers, distinguishing my professional work in family law in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. The Houston Top Lawyers list is comprised of the top 2-4% of lawyers who have been voted and recognized as the best lawyers in Houston. The lists are compiled through a combination of peer voting and reader nominations, and the votes are tabulated by the publication’s research editor. Backgrounds are checked, and the list of nominees for each recognition is narrowed down to represent the best lawyers in the Houston and greater Houston area.
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. 1994
- South Texas College of Law, J.D. 1997
Mediation and Dispute Resolution Certifications:
- Mediation Certification, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, 2009
- Advanced Family Law Mediation Certification A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, 2011
- Collaborative Law Certification, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (includes: Texas Supreme Court; Texas Court of Appeals; Texas District, County and Family Courts)
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyer’s Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Family Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Construction Law Section
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Divorce Texas
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
- South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce
- Houston West Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member and President, Harrison County Bar Association
- Past Member and Committee Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Past Member
- Pro-Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, Past Member