Charlotte A. Drew
Personal Background & Professional Experience:
Charlotte A. Drew was born in Florida and grew up in southern east coast areas, primarily in South Carolina. After attending Elon College (now Elon University) for two years, she transferred to the University of South Carolina and was graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts in English. Ms. Drew earned her Juris Doctor from this same institution in 1996. She moved to Texas in 1998 and began practicing law in Texas (throughout the state, but primarily in Montgomery and Harris counties) in 1999.
Mrs. Drew’s legal practice presently centers on serving as outside general counsel for businesses of all sizes, focusing on business growth, regulatory compliance, and employee recruitment and retention. She also works with business owners to address business succession issues through proactive business and estate planning.
Over the course of her legal career, Mrs. Drew spent much of her time handling complex business litigation. She also successfully advised construction owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors regarding contract issues, warranty and claims, lien issues, and litigation/arbitration; handled real estate acquisition and development transactions, including preparation of lending proposals, marketing, and specialized documents for both simple and complex real estate acquisitions, sales, and leases; represented economic development corporations and volunteer fire departments; assisted clients with farm/ranch and equine matters; and assisted families with both simple and complex family law issues in a variety of forums.
Ms. Drew is a certified mediator with advanced training in family law mediation. As a mediator, she utilizes her years of family law, business law, real estate law, and other legal experience to assist attorneys and their clients in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution.
H Texas Magazine named Ms. Drew as one of the Houston’s Top Lawyers 2009-2011 and 2013-2017. In 2008, she was also named as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People. The Houston Top Lawyers list is comprised of the top 2-4% of lawyers who have been voted and recognized as the best lawyers in Houston. The lists are compiled through a combination of peer voting and reader nominations, and the votes are tabulated by the publication’s research editor. Backgrounds are checked, and the list of nominees for each recognition is narrowed down to represent the best lawyers in the Houston and greater Houston area.
In addition to her outstanding legal qualifications, Charlotte A. Drew has served as chief legal editor and monthly columnist for Texas Horse Talk magazine. She is currently writing her first book.
- University of South Carolina, B.A., 1993, J.D., 1996
Mediation and Dispute Resolution Certifications:
- Advanced Family Law Mediation Certification, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, 2011
- Mediation Certification, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center, 2010
- Collaborative Law Certification, 2006
- U.S. Federal Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas (includes: Texas Supreme Court; Texas Court of Appeals; Texas District, County and Family Courts)
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Law Library Committee, past member
- Scholarship Committee, 2005 & 2006
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Community Affairs Committee, past member
- State Bar of Texas
- Business Law Section
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Labor & Employment Law
- Corporate Counsel Section
- LBGT Section
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Texas Collaborative Law Council, Past Member
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys
- Executive Women’s Alliance
- Houston West Chamber of Commerce, 2016 – present
- The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce, 2005 – present
- Magnolia Education Foundation, Founding Member
- Director, 2001-2004
- Vice-President, 2002
- Magnolia Area Chamber of Commerce, 2000-2003
- Economic Development Committee, Member
- Chair of Legislative Affairs
- Rotary International, Past Member
- Montgomery County Association of Business Women, Past Member
- Tomball Business & Professional Women’s Association, Past Member
- Chief Legal Editor and columnist, Texas Horse Talk, 2007
Hobbies & Interests:
Gardening, golf, horse-related sports, crafting, cooking